+44 1803 865913
Governing Climate Change provides a short and accessible introduction to...
By: Harriet Bulkeley and Peter Newell
142 pages, Figs
Governing Climate Change provides a short and accessible introduction to how climate change is governed by an increasingly diverse range of actors, from civil society and market actors to multilateral development banks, donors and cities.
The issue of global climate change has risen to the top of the international political agenda. Despite ongoing contestation about the science informing policy, the economic costs of action and the allocation of responsibility for addressing the issue within and between nations, it is clear that climate change will continue to be one of the most pressing and challenging issues facing humanity for many years to come.
- evaluates the role of states and non-state actors in governing climate change at multiple levels of political organisation: local, national and global
- provides a discussion of theoretical debates on climate change governance, moving beyond analytical approaches focused solely on nation-states and international negotiations
- examines a range of key topical issues in the politics of climate change
- includes multiple examples from both the north and the global south.
Providing an inter-disciplinary perspective drawing on geography, politics, international relations and development studies, this book is essential reading for all those concerned not only with the climate governance but with the future of the environment in general.
2. Governing Climate Change: a brief history
3. Governance for whom? Equity, justice and the politics of sustainable development
4. Between Global and Local: Governing climate change transnationally
5. Communities and the governing of climate change
6. The Private Governance of Climate Change
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
University of East Anglia, UK University of Durham, UK
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985