+44 1803 865913
By: Franz-Bernd Frechen(Editor), Richard M Stuetz(Editor), Anton P Van Harreveld(Editor), Jean-Michel Guillot(Editor)
Complaints due to odour annoyance have become a major issue for wastewater treatment plant, waste management, landfill, intensive livestock and other industrial operators as the repeated release of unpleasant odorous emissions can constitute a nuisance to a local population. Traditionally, odour management has been maintained by the use of buffer distances between industry and receptors or by the installation of odour abatement systems that both collect and disperse the emission or treat the emission to acceptable level to limit receptor impact.
With the expansion of suburbia and the associated encroachment, residents and industry are coming into closer proximity than in the past. This interaction is unpredictable, complex and difficult to address. Handbook of Environmental Odour Management approaches involving improved measurement and understanding of odorous emissions, their impact on local receptors, treatment performance and integration in local community relations programs are needed to meet the potential impact due to population growth and increasing global urbanisation.
- What is odour and how do humans perceive odours
- Introduction: why smell?
- Chemoperception in evolution
- The human olfactory sense
- Characterising odours
- The impact of environmental odours on communities
- What makes odours annoying?
- The public health relevance of odour exposure The public health relevance of odour exposure
- Methods for measuring odour annoyance
- Risk factors for nuisance sensitivity
- Dose-effect relationships for odour exposure and annoyance
- Methods of odour measurement and assessment of odour emissions and exposure
- Measurement of odours
- Odour exposure assessment
- Odour regulation and policy
- General approaches to odour regulation
- Examples of odour regulation policies
- Odour management
- Odour emission control
- Odour release and dispersion optimisation
- Odour release dispersion optimisation
- Masking and neutralising agents
- Community relations and conflict resolution
- Regulatory relations
- The Odour Management Plan
- Sectorial odour guides
- Wastewater systems
- Municipal waste treatment
- Livestock production
- Industrial processes
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your customer service is outstanding, and I'll definitely refer friends and colleagues to you. May all go well for your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985