In 2007, the first edition of Handbook of Plant Nutrition presented a...
613 pages, includes CD-ROM with 40+ colour illustrations
Handbook of Plant Nutrition explores the principles of plant nutrition from a historical standpoint to current knowledge of the requirements of crops for certain elements and the beneficial effects of others. Handbook of Plant Nutrition presents historical background of each plant nutrient, demonstrating functions and essentiality of plants. With tabulated data used to correlate information to nutritional needs, it includes diagnosis of the nutritional status of plants through assessment of plant appearance and composition. It discusses the value of soil tests for evaluating the nutritional status of plants. The text also examines fertilizers that can be applied to remedy nutritional deficiencies in plants.
"With contributions from over 30 authors worldwide (the majority outside the US), this book provides, in 22 chapters, extensive coverage of 20 essential macronutrients, micronutrients, and beneficial elements [...] This is a resource that likely will be useful over the long term. Summing Up: Recommended."
– L. C. Davis, Kansas State University, in Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, September 2007, Vol. 45, No. 1
- Introduction, Allen V. Barker and David J. Pilbeam
- Essential Elements-Macronutrients
- Nitrogen, Allen V. Barker and Gretchen M. Bryson
- Phosphorus, Charles A. Sanchez
- Potassium, Konrad Mengel
- Calcium, David J. Pilbeam and Philip S. Morley
- Magnesium, Donald J. Merhaut
- Sulfur, Silvia Haneklaus, Elke Bloem, Ewald Schnug, Luit J. de Kok and Ineke Stulen
- Essential Elements-Micronutrients
- Boron, Umesh C. Gupta
- Chlorine, Joseph R. Heckman
- Copper, David E. Kopsel and Dean A. Kopsell
- Iron, Volker Römheld and Miroslav Nikolic
- Manganese, Julia M. Humphries, James C.R. Stangoulis, and Robin D. Graham
- Molybdenum, Russell L. Hamlin
- Nickel, Patrick H. Brown
- Zinc, J. Benton Storey
- Beneficial Elements
- Aluminum, Susan C. Miyasaka, N.V. Hue, and Michael A. Dunn
- Cobalt, Geeta Talukder and Archana Sharmaz
- Selenium, Dean A. Kopsell and David E. Kopsell
- Silicon, George H. Snyder, Vladimir V. Matichenkov and Lawrence E. Datnoff
- Sodium, John Gorham
- Vanadium, David J Pilbeam and K Drihem
- Conclusion, Allen V. Barker and David J Pilbeam
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!