+44 1803 865913
By: Ugo Ripamonti(Editor)
240 pages, 49 b/w illustrations, 1 table
The effects of the bone morphogenetic protein family (BMP) of growth factors on bone formation are well documented, but the TGF-beta isoforms are much less studied and have the potential to shed light on the apparent redundancy of bone induction signalling. This edited book – Induction of Bone Formation in Primates – sums up the editor's 15 years of research into the osteogenic activity of the TGF-beta growth factor family, particularly in primates.
Induction of Bone Formation in Primates awakens skeletal reconstructionists, tissue engineers, and molecular and cellular biologists to the profound and important bone inductive activity of the hTGF-β3 isoform.
- Regenerative medicine, bone tissue engineering and the osteogenic proteins of the transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) supergene family
- The induction of bone formation by bone morphogenetic proteins and other members of the TGF-β supergene family
- The biological significance of redundancy: The induction of bone formation by the mammalian transforming growth factor-β1 and -β2 in non-human primates
- Isolation and molecular cloning of the transforming growth factor-β3 isoform
- Rapid induction of bone formation in non-human primates by the transforming growth factor-β3 isoform
- Regeneration of mandibular defects in non-human primates by the transforming growth factor-β3
- Mandibular reconstruction in humans with recombinant human transforming growth factor- β3
- Synergistic induction of bone formation by low doses of TGF-β1 and TGF-β3 with recombinant human osteogenic protein-1 (hOP-1), bone morphogenetic protein-7 |
- Perspectives of hTGF-β3 in regenerative medicine and bone tissue engineering
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
On behalf of Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi I would like to thank NHBS. The book will be very useful for my students.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985