Insect Molecular Genetics, Third Edition, summarizes and synthesizes two...
By: Marjorie A Hoy(Author)
544 pages, b/w photos, illustrations, tables
Aimed at those familiar with insects but who need to learn about molecular genetics, and those that are familiar with molecular genetics but not with insects.
"I enthusiastically recommend this book to any student or established researcher in need of an introduction to the molecular genetics of arthropods."
- Experimental and Applied Acarology (2003)
I. Genes and Genome Organization in Eukaryotes
1. DNA, Gene Structure and SNA Replication
2. Transcription, Translation, and Regulation of Eukaryotic DNA
3. Nuclear and Extranuclear DNA in Insects
4. Genetic Systems, Genome Evolution, and Genetic Control of Development in Insects
II. Molecular Genetic Techniques
5. Some Basic Tools: How to Cut, Paste, Copy, Measure, and Visualize DNA
6. Cloning and Expression Vectors, Libraries, and Their Screening
7. DNA Sequencing and the Evolution of the '-onics'
8. DNA Amplification by the Polymerase Chain Reaction: Molecular Biology Made Accessible
9. Transposable-Element Vecotrs to Transform Drosophila and Other Insects
III. Applications in Entomology
10. Sec Determination in Insects; Molecular Genetics of Insect Behavior
11. Molecular Systematics and Evolution of Arthropods
12. Insect Population Ecology and Genetics
13. Transgenic Pest and Beneficial Arthropods for Pest Management Programs
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985