+44 1803 865913
By: Duncan Foley(Author), Garry D McKenzie(Author), Russell O Utgard(Author)
320 pages, illustrations, maps
Teaching students to make wise choices in a geologically active world, Investigations in Environmental Geology covers current issues within the scope of four content sections. Introduction to geology, natural hazards, water resources, geologic resources and planning are addressed within 18 inquiry-based exercises. Broad introductions and content embedded into each exercise make Investigations in Environmental Geology appropriate as a stand-alone guide for the classroom.
1. Earth,s Materials, Geologic Time, and Geologic Processes
2. Maps, Aerial Photographs and Satellite Images
3. Measurements, Basic Calculations and Conversions, and Graphs
4. Volcanoes, Volcanic Products, and Volcanic Hazards
5. Hazards of Mount St. Helens
6. Earthquake Epicenters, Intensities, Risks, Faults, Nonstructural Hazards and Preparation
7. The Loma Prieta Earthquake of 1989, and Forecasting Earthquakes in the Bay Region
8. Landslides and Avalanches
10. River Floods
11. Coastal Hazards
12. Groundwater Hydrology
13. Water Quality Data and Pollution Sources
14. Lake and River Contamination from Industrial Waste
15. Groundwater and Surface Water Contamination from Resource Extraction
16. Groundwater Overdraft and Saltwater Intrusion
17. Geology and Regional Planning
18. Global Change and Sustainability
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Duncan Foley is a Professor in the Geoscience Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Dr. Garry D. McKenzie is Associate Professor, Geological Sciences at The Ohio State University. Dr. Russell Utgard is Faculty Emeritus of Geological Sciences at The Ohio State University.
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985