A fully revised edition of the classic book on snake care. Featuring the most up-to-date equipment, expanded facts on feeding, and newly written species accounts, along with 95 full-colour photographs and updated diagrams, this guide provides all the essentials that every snake-keeper should know.
- Set the correct degree of temperature, humidity, and light for your snake to thrive – it not only wants to be warm, it needs to be.
- Fix up a cage in ways that make snakes feel comfortable and secure.
- Keep your snake healthy with valuable advice on disease prevention, covering overhandling; the introduction of wild species into a cage; bacterial, viral, and parasite infections; and other miscellaneous problems.
- Mate and breed snakes – even incubate eggs. Plus – special information on selective breeding.
- Full species accounts include boas, pythons, colubrid, venomous, and small snakes.
"An attractive, authoritative, and accessible guide to the care, breeding, health and housing of snakes for the amateur. The 39 color plates are particularly fine."
– SCITECH Book News