Lipids in Photosynthesis: Essential and Regulatory Functions, edited by two distinguished International scientists, Hajime Wada and Norio Murata, provides an essential summary of an exciting decade of research on relationships between lipids and photosynthesis. Lipids in Photosynthesis: Essential and Regulatory Functions brings together extensively cross-referenced and peer-reviewed chapters by prominent researchers. The topics covered include the structure, molecular organization and biosynthesis of fatty acids, glycerolipids and nonglycerolipids in plants, algae, lichens, mosses, and cyanobacteria, as well as in chloroplasts and mitochondria.
Several chapters deal with the manipulation of the extent of unsaturation of fatty acids and the effects of such manipulation on photosynthesis and responses to various forms of stress. The final chapters focus on lipid trafficking, signaling and advanced analytical techniques. Ten years ago, Siegenthaler and Murata edited "Lipids in Photosynthesis: Structure, Function and Genetics," which became a classic in the field. The new volume, "Lipids in Photosynthesis: Essential and Regulatory Functions," belongs, beside its predecessor, on every plant and microbiological researcher's bookcase.
From the Series Editor
1. Lipids in Thylakoid Membranes and Photosynthesizing Cells;Hajime Wada and Norio Murata.
2. Fatty Acid Biosynthesis in Plants -- Metabolic Pathways, Structure and Organization;Adrian P. Brown, Antoni R. Slabas and John B. Rafferty.
3. Biosynthesis and Function of Chloroplast Lipids;Mie Shimojima, Hiroyuki Ohta and Yuki Nakamura.
4. Lipids in Plant Mitochondria;Radin Sadre and Margrit Frentzen.
5. Plant Sphingolipids Structure, Synthesis and Function;Ming Chen, Edgar Cahoon, Mariana Saucedo-Garcia, Javier Plasencia, and Marina Gavilanes-Ruiz.
6. Lipids in Algae, Mosses and Lichens;Reimund Goss and Christian Wilhelm.
7. Molecular Genetics of Lipid Metabolism in the Model Green Alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii; Eric Moellering, Rachel Miller and Christoph Benning.
8. Lipid Biosynthesis and its Regulation in Cyanobacteria;Norihiro Sato and Hajime Wada.
9. Heterocyst Envelope Glycolipids;Koichiro Awai, Sigal Lechno-Yossef and Peter Wolk.
10. Lipids in the Structure of Photosystem I, Photosystem II and the Cyt b6f complex;Jan Kern, Athina Zouni, Albert Guskov, and Norbert Krauss.
11. The Role of Phosphatidylglycerol in Photosynthesis;Hajime Wada and Naoki Mizusawa.
12. The Role of Glycolipids in Photosynthesis;Peter Dormann and Georg Holzl.
13. Role of Lipids in Dynamics of Thylakoid Membranes;Conrad W. Mullineaux and Helmut Kirchhoff.
14. Architecture of Thylakoid Membrane Networks;Reinat Nevo, Silvia G. Chuartzman, Onie Tsabari,Ziv Reich, Dana Charuvi and Eyal Shimoni.
15. Regulatory Role of Membrane Fluidity in Gene Expression;Dmitry A. Los and Vladislav V. Zinchenko.
16. Lipid Trafficking in Plant Photosynthetic Cells;Juliette Jouhet, Emmanuelle Dubots, Eric Marechal, and Maryse A. Block.
17. Regulatory Roles in Photosynthesis of Unsaturated Fatty Acids in Membrane Lipids;Suleyman I. Allakhverdiev, Dmitry A. Los and Norio Murata.
18. Oxidation of Membrane Lipids and Function of Oxylipins;John Browse.
19. Biosynthesis and Biotechnology of Seed Lipids Including Sterols;Knut Meyer, and Anthony J. Kinney.
20 .Advanced Mass Spectrometry Methods for Analysis of Lipids from Photosynthetic Organisms;Bettina Seiwert, Patrick Giavalisco and Lothar Willmitzer
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!