The SMZ-140 series stereomicroscope by Motic is designed with versatility and adaptability in mind. The Greenough optical system provides clear, high quality parfocal image while the 1-4x objective lens and 10x eye pieces provide a 10-40x dynamic zoom with click stops at 20x and 30x. Zoom is adjusted via a wheel on the microscope's side and +/- 5 diopter adjustment is available on both eyepieces.
The SMZ-140 is available with adjustable 3W Halogen or LED transmitted/incident illumination. The standard halogen bulbs emit heat so are ideal for use with any substance that is not vulnerable to dessication, such as circuitry or geological samples. LED bulbs have a greatly reduced heat output so are perfect for use specimens that are heat-sensitive, such as mounted insects, plants or live animals. A variety of eyepieces can extend the zoom range up to 120x, providing a flexible tool for students, beginners and more advanced users alike. Its compact size also makes excellent use of available space and allows for easier transport than many similarly priced stereomicroscopes.
Supplied with a dust cover, black, white and frosted stage plates and a blue filter.
* Observation tube: Binocular Head
* Optical system: Greenough
* Inclination: 45o inclined, 360o rotating
* Interpupillary distance: 54-76mm
* Diopter adjustment: On both tubes, +/- 5 diopter
* Eyepieces: Widefield WF10x/20mm
* Objectives: 1-4xx
* Working distance: 80mm
* Stand type: Pole type stand with transmitted illumination
* Head Holder: For 32mm column and 74mm head with incident illumination
* Focus Mechanism: Coarse focusing system with tension adjustment
* Focusing stroke: 49mm
* Accessories included: Dust cover, black/white stage plates and blue filter
* Dimensions LxWxH: 237x170x335
* Column/Arm: Height 210mm
* Weight net: 6.2kg
* Standard Contrast Technique: Brightfield