The MX1 is a versatile stereo microscope suitable for a variety of natural history applications. The MX1 features binocular eyetubes inclined at 45 degrees for comfortable use. The binocular heads have full dioptric adjustment with independent focusing and the interocular distance can be varied to suit the individual. With x10 widefield eyepieces and an objective pair of x2 , the MX1 has an overall magnification of x20. This can be increased to x40 with additional eyepieces. Coarse focus is by pillar adjustment with a robust rack and pinion system (incorporating a tension clutch) providing fine movement.
Rubber eyecups and a dust cover are provided as standard. There is also a reversible black/white stage plate with stage clips. The microscope is suitable for digital photomicrography.
* Magnification: x20 (with option to increase to x40 with additional eyepieces)
* Working distance at x20: 50mm
* Light source: no built-in light source
* Dimensions: 250 x 115 x 170mm
* Weight: 1.3kg
* Suitable for digital photomicrography