310 pages, 55 colour & 69 b/w illustrations, 59 tables
Natural and Constructed Wetlands extends the knowledge on wetland ecosystem services based on the new research. The information combines the achievements gained in carbon sequestration, nutrient accumulation, macrophyte decomposition, wastewater treatment, global warming mitigation in constructed as well as natural wetlands across the globe. Natural and Constructed Wetlands presents up-to-date results of ongoing research and the content of the book could be used by wetland scientists, researchers, engineers, designers, regulators, decision-makers, universities teachers, landscape engineers and landscape planners as well as by water authorities, water regulatory offices or wastewater treatment research institutions.
1. Effects of Human Activity on the Processing of Nitrogen in Riparian Wetlands: Implications for Watershed Water Quality
2. Nutrients Tracking and Removal in Constructed Wetlands Treating Catchment Runoff in Norway
3. Performance of Constructed Wetlands Treating Domestic Wastewater in Norway over a Quarter of a Century - Options for Nutrient Removal and Recycling
4. Decomposition of Phragmites australis in Relation to Depth of Flooding
5. Distribution of Phosphorus and Nitrogen in Phragmites australis Aboveground Biomass
6. How Many Samples?! Assessing the Mean of Parameters Important for Denitrification in High and Low Disturbance Headwater Wetlands of Central Pennsylvania
7. Indirect and Direct Thermodynamic Effects of Wetland Ecosystems on Climate
8. Application of Vivianite Nanoparticle Technology for Management of Heavy Metal Contamination in Wetland and Linked Mining Systems in Mongolia
9. Sludge Treatment Reed Beds (STRBs) as a Eco-solution of Sludge Utilization for Local Wastewater Treatment Plants
10. Dairy Wastewater Treatment by a Horizontal Subsurface Flow Constructed Wetland in Southern Italy
11. Phosphorus Recycling From Waste, Dams and Wetlands Receiving Landfill Leachate - Long Term Monitoring in Norway
12. Application of the NaWaTech Safety and O&M Planning Approach Re-use Oriented Wastewater Treatment Lines at the Ordnance Factory Ambajhari, Nagpur, India
13. Clogging Measurement, Dissolved Oxygen and Temperature Control in a Wetland Through the Development of an Autonomous Reed Bed Installation (ARBI)
14. Constructed Wetlands Treating Municipal and Agricultural Wastewater - an Overview for Flanders, Belgium
15. Performance Intensifications in a Hybrid Constructed Wetland Mesocosm
16. Treatment of Chlorinated Benzenes in Different Pilot Scale Constructed Wetlands
17. Transformation of Chloroform in Constructed Wetlands
18. Hybrid Constructed Wetlands for the National Parks in Poland - The Case Study, Requirements, Dimensioning and Preliminary Results
19. Global Warming: Confusion of Cause with Effect?
20. Abundance and Diversity of Taxa Within the Genus Potamogeton in Slovenian Watercourses
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!