Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This new edition provides an integrated anthropological, evolutionary and biocultural approach to the study of human growth and development. Coverage of the evolution of human life pattern is expanded following rapid and exciting developments in the field since it was brought to prominence in the previous edition.
1. Background to the study of human growth
2. Basic principles of human growth
3. The evolution of human growth
4. Evolution of the human life cycle
5. Growth variation in living human populations
6. Environmental factors influencing growth
7. Genetic and endocrine regulation of human growth
8. A biocultural view of human growth
" [...] the primary text for students of human growth in the fields of anthropology, psychology and education."
– Human Evolution
"[...] a 'must have' book for every auxologist's library, a volume that anyone interested in biological anthropology should have the pleasure to read [...]"
– Journal of Biosocial Science