This comprehensive and authoritative book is an indispensable resource for landscapers, home gardeners, and parks and grounds managers. This integrated pest management (IPM) guide is easy to use and covers hundreds of insects, mites, nematodes, plant diseases, weeds, and other problems damaging to California landscapes. Beautifully and profusely illustrated, Pests of Landscape Trees and Shrubs includes
- 575 high-quality, color photographs to help you recognize the causes of plant damage and identify pests and their natural enemies
- Problem-Solving Tables to help you diagnose the pests and maladies of over 200 genera of alphabetically-listed trees and shrubs, with reference to specific pages for photographs and management
- 101 line drawings and charts of pest biology and control techniques
- What's in this book?
- Designing an IPM program
- Growing healthy trees and shrubs
- Abiotic disorders
- Insects, mites, and snails
- Problem-solving tables, a plant-by-plant guide
"Outstanding resource for maintaining healthy, woody ornamental plants through IPM."
– International Society of Arboriculture
"An indispensable resource for professional landscape managers and home gardeners alike [...] "
– Arborist News
"The most thorough, balanced, and non-judgmental treatment of pests in the landscape [...] "
– Pacific Horticulture
"Gorgeous and plentiful photographs [...] "
– The IPM Practitioner