Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
More than 1000 mammal species occur in Africa south of the Sahara Desert. These creatures vary in size from the massive elephant to the tiniest bats, shrews and mice. A Photographic Guide to Mammals of Southern, Central and East Africa was compiled with a view to easing identification of many of the larger and more conspicuous mammals in the region, as well as some of the smaller and more unusual ones.
This compact, easy-to-use guide features:
- 152 of the region's mammal species
- key identification features showing how to differentiate between similar species
- distribution maps and a list of major parks and reserves indicating where species are likely to be seen
- quick reference key on inside cover
- thumbnail silhouettes of each family group for quick identification
This new revised edition is an ideal pocket-sized travelling companion for nature lovers and visitors to nature reserves and wildlife areas.
Chris & Mathilde Stuart have published a range of authoritative, best-selling field guides and other titles on African mammals, wildlife and conservation, as well as numerous scientific papers and popular articles. Mathilde holds a doctorate in medicine from the University of Innsbruck; Chris holds an MSc from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.