Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Pike and related fish form an important part of aquatic ecosystems and are also commercially very valuable. Pike: Biology and Exploitation provides full coverage of the biology, ecology and exploitation of this important group of fish and will be invaluable for fisheries scientists, fish biologists, aquatic scientists, ecologists and environmental scientists.
- Taxonomy and distribution, E.J. Crossman
- Reproduction of pike - gametogenesis, gamete biology and early development, R. Billard
- Role of vegetation in the life cycle of pike, C. Bry
- Age, growth and environmental requirements of pike, J.M. Casselman
- Energetics, J.S. Diana
- Pike and some aspects of its dependence on vegetation, M.P. Grimm and M. Klinge
- Parasites, diseases and disorders, T.A. Dick and A. Choudhury
- Population dynamics, predation and role in the community, J.F. Craig
- Fisheries and economics, R.H.K. Mann
"With no hesitation I recommend this impressive book to anyone involved in or interested in the study of pike, or indeed of any other fish sympatric with this widely-distributed predator [...] the reader has a reference work which will hold its position for many years to come."
- Journal of Fish Biology
"Definitely a must for the professional scientist, the professional pike angler and any other keen devotee of the genus Esox."