+44 1803 865913
Edited By: Harry V Daniels and Wade O Watanabe
366 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations, b/w maps
This book is a key reference on culture methods, offering both practical applications and essential biological information. Throughout the text, the culture and stock enhancement issues are treated simultaneously, integrating these two perspectives. With chapters on disease diagnosis and treatment, culture methods for a number of specific species, and the use of flatfish as model organisms in laboratory settings, "Practical Flatfish Culture and Stock Enhancement" comprehensively covers the subject of culture and stock enhancement.
In summary, the book is timely, well organized, clearly written, full of state-of-the-art information, and effectively links flatfish culture and stock enhancement. Thus, it should be a valuable resource for academics and industrial practitioners alike. (Reviews in Fisheries Science, 22 June 2011)
Section 1: North and South America culture
- 1. Halibut aquaculture in North America
- 2. Culture of Chilean flounder
- 3. California halibut
- 4. Culture of summer flounder
- 5. Culture of Southern flounder
- 6. Culture of winter flounder
Section 2: Europe culture
- 7. Turbot culture
Section 3: Asia and Australia culture
- 8. Culture of Japanese flounder
- 9. Culture of olive flounder: Korean perspective
- 10. Culture of greenback flounder
- 11. Culture of turbot: Chinese perspective
Section 4: North and South America stock enhancement
- 12. Stock enhancement of southern flounder and summer flounder
Section 5: Europe Stock Enhancement
- 13. Stock enhancement Europe: turbot Psetta maxima
Section 6: Asia stock enhancement
- 14. Stock enhancement of Japanese flounder in Japan
Section 7: Flatfish worldwide
- 15. Disease diagnosis and treatment
- 16. Flatfish as model research animals: metamorphosis and sex determination
- 17. Behavioral quality of flatfish for stock enhancement
- 18. Summary and conclusions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Harry V. Daniels is Professor of Biology and Aquaculture Specialist at North Carolina State University.
Wade O. Watanabe is Research Professor of Biology and Marine Biology and Aquaculture Program Coordinator at the Center for Marine Science, University of North Carolina Wilmington.
Your orders support book donation projects
I just received my book from you - it arrived quickly and in perfect condition because it was packed so well.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985