+44 1803 865913
By: Gerard J Tortora(Author), Bryan Derrickson(Author)
1240 pages, colour illustrations
This 14th edition of the phenomenally successful Principles of Anatomy and Physiology continues to set the standard for the discipline. Written and superbly illustrated for two-term, introductory Anatomy and Physiology students, this text offers a rich and complete teaching and learning environment.
New to this edition:
- Completely revised feedback diagrams throughout the material that consistently and visually strengthen student understanding of this important principle.
- Newly designed end-of chapter “Focus on Homeostasis” pages
- New chapter opening questions stimulate interest with new accompanying photos.
- Clinical Connections have been incorporated into several figures for immediate reinforcement of the relationship between the illustration and Clinical Connection.
- The anatomical terminology is based on Terminology Anatomica – enhanced glossary for this edition.
Unit I: Organization of the Human Body
1. An Introduction to the Human Body
2. The Chemical Level of Organization
3. The Cellular Level of Organization
4. The Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
Unit II: Principles of Support and Movement
6. The Skeletal System: Bone Tissue
7. The Skeletal System: The Axial Skeleton
8. The Skeletal System: The Appendicular Skeleton
10. Muscle Tissue
11. The Muscular System
Unit III: Control Systems of the Human Body
12. Nervous Tissue
13. The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
14. The Brain and Cranial Nerves
15. The Autonomic Nervous System
16. Sensory, Motor and Integrative Systems
17. The Special Senses
18. The Endocrine System
Unit IV: Maintenance of the Human Body
19. The Cardiovascular System: The Blood
20. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
21. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Hemodynamics
22. The Lymphatic System, Nonspecific Resistance to Disease, and Immunity
23. The Respiratory System
24. The Digestive System
26. The Urinary System
27. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Homeostasis
Unit V: Continuity
28. The Reproductive Systems
29. Development and Inheritance
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Many thanks, your customer service is certainly something to be proud of.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985