+44 1803 865913
By: Leo C van Rijn(Author)
623 pages, b/w illustrations, tables, includes CD-ROM
Principles of Sedimentation and Erosion Engineering in Rivers, Estuaries and Coastal Seas (including modelling package on CD-ROM) focusses on the solution of engineering problems related to sedimentation and erosion in rivers, estuaries and coastal seas. The problems considered are: sedimentation (sand and mud) in navigation channels; trenches, mining pits, harbours, river reservoirs, inlets and intakes and other structures; scour and erosion near seawalls, groynes, breakwaters and dams; resuspension from dump sites; dredging aspects; engineering approaches for coastal erosion (detached breakwaters, feeder berms, reef berms). Principles of Sedimentation and Erosion Engineering in Rivers, Estuaries and Coastal Seas (about 600 pages) and models will be regularly updated.
A detailed overview of mud and sand transport in rivers, estuaries and coastal seas is given. Many examples are presented and explained. Principles of Sedimentation and Erosion Engineering in Rivers, Estuaries and Coastal Seas is of interest to: coastal and harbour consultants, engineers, scientists and managers. Various simple and detailed computer programmes are included to compute transport rates and sedimentation volumes.
1. INTRODUCTION (4 p)
2. SEDIMENTATION AND EROSION PROBLEMS AND ENGINEERING APPROACHES (15 p)
3. SEDIMENT TRANSPORT PROCESSES (98 pages)
4. SEDIMENTATION OF SAND AND MUD IN NAVIGATION CHANNELS (110 pages)
5. SEDIMENTATION OF FINE SAND IN COASTAL HARBOURS, INLETS AND BASINS (35 p)
6. SEDIMENTATION OF MUD IN HARBOUR ENTRANCES AND BASINS (60 pages)
7. SEDIMENTATION IN RESERVOIRS IN RIVERS (45 pages)
8. EROSION CONTROL MEASURES ALONG COASTS (99 pages)
9. LOCAL SCOUR NEAR STRUCTURES (35 pages)
10. OFFSHORE MINING OF SAND (42 pages)
11. DREDGING AND DUMPING OF SEDIMENT DEPOSITS (24 pages)
APPENDIX A: SAND TRANSPORT TABLES
APPENDIX B: OVERVIEW OF MODELS
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985