+44 1803 865913
By: David J Midmore(Author)
438 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
Principles of Tropical Horticulture leads the reader through a background of environmental influences and plant physiology to an understanding of production and postharvest systems, environmental adaptation techniques and marketing strategies.
Focusing on the principles behind production practices and their scientific basis, rather than detailed biological traits of each crop, this text outlines successes and failures in practices to date and sets out how the quantity and quality of horticultural produce can improve in the future. Case studies are frequently used and chapters cover the production of vegetables, fruit and ornamental crops, including temperate zone crops adapted to grow in the tropics.
"This book makes a valued contribution to our overall knowledge of tropical horticultural crop production and postharvest systems, environmental adaptation techniques, and marketing strategies. I congratulate David for writing such a comprehensive account of the principles of tropical horticulture and I certainly recommend this book to all students and professionals interested in tropical horticultural crop production and trade."
– Sisir Mitra, Chair ISHS Section Tropical and Subtropical Fruits, Chronica Horticulturae
1. Setting the Scene: The Context Of Horticulture in the Developing World and the Tropics
2. The Tropical Environment and Physiology of Horticultural Crops in the Tropics
3. Horticultural Production Systems Within the Tropics
4. Supply Chain Management. Vegetable Production
5. Supply Chain Management – Production Of Fruits and Flowers in the Tropics
6. Pre- and Post-Harvest Management and Effects on Product Quality
7. Supply Chain Management – Marketing and Retail
8. The future for tropical horticulture
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I ordered a book from NHBS, it reached India within 7 days by standard shipping! Wonderful packing.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985