+44 1803 865913
Edited By: D A Raitzer and G W Norton
272 pages, 17 figures/illustrations
Priority assessment methods are relatively well developed for commodity improvement programmes, however, innovation is needed for other, newer areas of research which have impact pathways that are harder to predict.
Focusing on priority setting practices for agricultural research, this book analyses various priority assessment methods and research in the context of real-world experiences and new innovations. Chapters present methods that have been used to articulate, explore and assess impact pathways and research priorities, while also considering their strengths and weaknesses and drawing together methodological lessons.
2. Participatory Impact Pathways Analysis and Priority Setting
3. Research Priority Assessment at the International Potato Center (CIP)
4. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture's (IITA) Experience in Priority Assessment
5. Priority Assessment for the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR): Experiences and Challenges
6. Research Evaluation and Priority Setting at the International Crop Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT): Continuing Cycles of Learning to Improve Impacts
7. Priority Setting Experiences at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
8. Priority Setting for Rice Research in Sub-Saharan Africa
9. Priority Setting and Targeting at the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
10. The International Centre for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) Experience in Agricultural Research Priority Setting
11. Strategic Priorities for Agricultural Development in Eastern and Central Africa: A Review of the Institutional Context and Methodological Approach for Undertaking a Quantitative, Sub-Regional Assessment 12. Methods and Approaches to Identify the CGIAR System Priorities for Research
13. Synthesis of Options for Priority Setting for Agricultural and Natural Resources Research for Development
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985