Due to shipping restrictions we are not able to send this item to locations outside of the UK. Please call our Customer Services team on 01803 865913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
The Pulsar Axion series is an innovative line of compact thermal imaging monoculars. These pocket-sized devices are excellent when trying to observe cryptic species or when surveying in dark or foggy conditions. The Axion Key XM22 uses a 320 x 240 thermal sensor to detect and map the infrared radiation given off by subjects into an image called a thermogram. Unlike night vision devices this process is not determinant on light conditions so the scope can be used in bright exposure as well as at night. The thermal sensor has a dramatically reduced pixel pitch of 12µm, which results in images with smoother edges, more detailed thermal mapping and an improved ability to detect objects compared to an equivalent sized sensor with a 17µm pixel pitch.
Features such as instant start up means you can quickly use the device when necessary and the picture in picture mode will add a small second screen to the image which can assist when zooming in on a subject. There is a stadiametric rangefinder to determine the distance to focal subjects. It is constructed with a robust housing for durability and is IPX7 waterproof rated for protection against heavy rain, snowfall and even complete submersion in water up to 1 metre deep for 30 minutes.
The Axion Key XM22 is designed for use as a spotting scope and is the most affordable model in the Axion range. Unlike other Axions, the XM22 has a shorter 22mm focal length and a fixed focus objective lens with 2.0x native magnification which provides a wide field of view of 10° x 7.5°. It has a viewing range of up to 950m and a high refresh rate of 50Hz, which is essential when observing fast moving subjects such as bats. The XM22 does not have any recording functionality; please see the Axion XM30S for a model with recording and streaming capabilities.
* Lightweight: The scope is made from lightweight magnesium alloy which ensures a high structural integrity whilst retaining a weight of only 230g.
* Picture in Picture: The scope can display a second smaller image with higher magnification to assist with zooming in on subjects without sacrificing the field of view.
* Different colour modes: This scope has eight colour modes that are used in different environmental conditions to enhance the image or reduce eye fatigue.
* Stadiametric rangefinder: Based on estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle allows you to determine the distance of a viewed object.
* Quick-change APS battery pack: The scope comes with a quick detach, rechargeable APS 3 battery pack that will power the unit for up to four hours of operation on maximum mode.
* Type of microbolometer: Uncooled
* Frame rate: 50Hz
* Microbolometer resolution: 320 x 240p
* Pixel pitch: 17µm
* Display type: LCOS microdisplay
* Display resolution: 960 x 720p
* Built-in video recorder: no
* USB type: microUSB
* Operation modes: 8
* Range of detection of object measuring 1.7 x 0.5m: 950m
* Magnification: 2.0 – 8.0x
* Digital zoom: 4x
* Field of view: 10° horizontal
* Exit pupil: 3mm
* Diopter adjustment: ± 5dptr
* Focal Length: 22mm
* Battery type: Li-ion battery pack
* Battery life: 4 hours
* External power supply: 5V USB
Physical and operational characteristics:
* Remote control: no
* Operating temperature: -10°C to +50°C
* Level of protection: IPX7
* Waterproof: yes
* Dimension: 143 x 41 x 69mm
* Weight: 0.23kg