Due to shipping restrictions we are not able to send this item to locations outside of the UK. Please call customer services on 01803 865913 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
The Pulsar Axion series is an innovative line of compact thermal imaging monoculars. These pocket-sized devices are excellent when trying to observe cryptic species or when surveying in dark or foggy conditions. The Axion Key XM30 uses a 320 x 240 thermal sensor to detect and map the infrared radiation given off by objects into an image called a thermogram and unlike night vision devices this process is not determinant on light conditions and the scope can be used in bright exposure as well as at night. The thermal sensor has a dramatically reduced pixel pitch of 12µm, which results in images with smoother edges, more detailed thermal mapping and an improved ability to detect objects compared to an equivalent sized sensor with a 17µm pixel pitch.
Features such as instant start up means you can quickly use the device when necessary and the picture in picture mode will add a small second screen at the image which can assist when zooming in on a subject. There is a stadiametric rangefinder to determine the distance to focal subjects. It is constructed with a robust housing for durability and is IPX7 waterproof-rated for protection against heavy rain, snowfall and even complete submersion in water up to 1 metre deep for 30 minutes.
The Axion Key XM30 is designed for use as a spotting scope. It has an excellent detection range of up to 1200m and a high refresh rate of 50Hz which allows you to observe fast-moving subjects such as bats. Unlike the Axion Key XM22, the XM30 has an adjustable focus and a greater magnification range of 2.5x to 10.0x, which can assist with identifying a subject in the field. It does not have any recording functionality, please see the Axion XM30S for a model with recording and streaming capabilities.
* Lightweight: The scope is made from lightweight magnesium alloy which ensures a high structural integrity whilst retaining a weight of only 250g.
* Picture in Picture: The scope can display a second smaller image with higher magnification to assist with zooming in on subjects without sacrificing the field of view.
* Different colour modes: This scope has eight colour modes that are used in different environmental conditions to enhance the image or reduce eye fatigue.
* Stadiametric rangefinder: Based on estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle allows you to determine the distance of a viewed object.
* Quick-change APS battery pack: The scope comes with a quick-detach, rechargeable APS 3 battery pack that will power the unit for up to four hours of operation on maximum mode.
* Type of microbolometer: Uncooled
* Frame rate: 50Hz
* Microbolometer resolution: 320 x 240p
* Pixel pitch: 12µm
* Display type: LCOS microdisplay
* Display resolution: 960 x 720p
* Built-in video recorder: no
* USB type: microUSB (power only)
* Operation modes: 8
* Range of detection of object measuring 1.7 x 0.5m: 1200m
* Magnification: 2.4 – 9.6x
* Digital zoom: 2x, 4x
* Lens focus: 30mm
* Field of view: 7.8° horizontal
* Minimum focusing distance: 3m
* Eye relief: 14mm
* Exit pupil: 3mm
* Diopter adjustment: ± 5dptr
* Battery type: Li-ion battery pack
* Battery life: 4 hours
* External power supply: 5V MicroUSB
Physical and operational characteristics:
* Remote control: no
* Recording capability: no
* WiFi enabled: no
* Tripod mount: 1/4"
* Operating temperature: -25°C to +40°C
* Level of protection: IPX7
* Waterproof: yes
* Dimension: 143 x 41 x 69 mm
* Weight: 0.25kg