Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The Pulsar Axion series is an innovative line of compact thermal imaging monoculars. These pocket-sized devices are excellent when trying to observe cryptic species or when surveying in dark or foggy conditions.The Axion XM38 uses a 320 x 240 thermal sensor to detect and map the infrared radiation given off by objects into an image called a thermogram and unlike night vision devices this process is not determinant on light conditions and the scope can be used in bright exposure as well as at night. The thermal sensor has a dramatically reduced pixel pitch of 12µm, which results in images with smoother edges, more detailed thermal mapping and an improved ability to detect objects compared to an equivalent sized sensor with a 17µm pixel pitch.
The Axion XM38 is an excellent thermal scope that is WiFi enabled and can be used to record, transfer and stream still images and video when used with the Stream Vision App. The camera can also be controlled remotely and used as a motion detector to increase functionality. There is also16GB of internal memory so images and videos can be recorded and stored on the camera itself.
Features such as instant start up means you can quickly use the device when necessary and the picture in picture mode will add a small second screen at the image which can assist when zooming in on a subject.There is a stadiametric rangefinder to determine the distance to focal subjects. It is constructed with a robust housing for durability and is IPX7 waterproof-rated for protection against heavy rain, snowfall and even complete submersion in water up to 1 metre deep for 30 minutes.
The Axion XM38 is the most advanced thermal scope from the Axion range, featuring an impressive viewing range of up to 1700m and a magnification of 5x – 22x. It is capable of recording photos and videos which it can stream when used with the Stream Vision app. It uses an HD AMOLED microdisplay which unlike LCD does not require backlighting, perfect for working in dark conditions.
Please see the comparison chart that lists the specifications of the different Pulsar Axion models below. The Pulsar Axion XM38 has a viewing range of up to 1700m and a high refresh rate of 50Hz, which is essential when observing fast moving subjects such as bats. It features an HD AMOLED microdisplay which unlike LCD does not require backlighting, perfect for working in dark conditions.
Please note: we are unable to ship the Pulsar Axion series thermal imaging scopes outside of the UK
* Lightweight: The scope is made from lightweight magnesium alloy which ensures a high structural integrity whilst retaining a weight of only 270g.
* Picture in Picture: The scope can display a second smaller image with higher magnification to assist with zooming in on subjects without sacrificing the field of view.
* Different colour modes: This scope has eight colour modes which are used in different environmental conditions to enhance the image or reduce eye fatigue.
* Stadiametric rangefinder: Based on estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle allows you to determine the distance of a viewed object.
* Quick-change APS battery pack: The scope comes with a quick-detach, rechargeable APS 3 battery pack, which will power the unit for up to four hours of operation on maximum mode.
* Built-in recording: Captures still images and video easily with the built-in video recorder. Image and video content is stored internally and can be transferred to a PC/laptop via a wired connection or Wi-Fi.
* WiFi enabled:The device can also use its own Wi-Fi module to stream footage to a mobile or tablet with the Stream Vision App or be controlled remotely.
* Type of microbolometer: Uncooled
* Frame rate: 50Hz
* Microbolometer resolution: 320 x 240p
* Pixel pitch: 12µm
* Display type: AMOLED microdisplay
* Display resolution: 1024 x 768p
* USB type: MicroUSB (power and data)
* Operation modes: 8
* Range of detection of object measuring 1.7 x 0.5m: 1700m
* Magnification: 5.5x – 22x
* Digital zoom: 2x, 4x
* Lens focus: 38mm
* Field of view: 5.8° horizontal
* Minimum focusing distance: 3m
* Eye relief: 15mm
* Exit pupil: 3.5mm
* Diopter adjustment: ± 5dptr
* Battery type: Li-ion battery pack
* Battery life: 4 hours
* External power supply: 5V USB
Physical and operational characteristics:
* Remote control: yes
* Inbuilt video recorder: yes
* Memory size: 16GB
* Video file format: MP4
* Resolution of video files: 1024 x 768
* Format of photos: JPEG
* Resolution of image files: 1024 x 768
* Built-in WiFi module: yes
* Stream Vision application support: yes
* Operating temperature: -25°C to +40°C
* Level of protection: IPX7
* Waterproof: yes
* Dimension: 149 x 49 x 70mm
* Weight: 0.27kg