Due to shipping restrictions we are not able to send this item to locations outside of the UK. By purchasing this item you are agreeing to only use it within the UK. You must obtain an export licence if you do intend to take this outside of the UK. Please call customer services on 01803 865913 or email at email@example.com for further details.
The Pulsar Helion 2 is designed for use both at night-time and in daylight, during inclement weather conditions such as fog and rain. It can be used to see through obstacles such as tall grass and bushes and is an excellent tool for nocturnal survey work. This second generation Helion monocular has a <40mK sensor which improves thermal sensitivity and provides a much clearer image, especially in environments where there is a low temperature difference (e.g. rainy or foggy conditions). It also has a frame rate of 50Hz, meaning it can be used for observing fast moving animals and is ideal for watching bat roosts.
The XQ38F offers magnification of 3.0x to 12.0x (digital) and detection of an object measuring 1.7 x 0.5m is possible at a distance of up to 1350m. It uses an IR sensor (uncooled microbolometer) which, unlike an image intensifier tube based night vision device, does not require an external light source and is not affected by bright light exposure. It uses an HD SONY AMOLED microdisplay which, unlike LCD, does not require backlighting, perfect for working in dark conditions. It is WiFi enabled and can be used to record, transfer and stream still images and video when used with the Stream Vision App. The camera can also be controlled remotely and used as a motion detector to increase functionality. There is also 16GB of internal memory so images and videos can be recorded and stored on the camera itself.
Features such as instant start up means you can quickly use the device when necessary and the picture in picture mode will add a small second screen on the image which can assist when zooming in on a subject. There is a stadiametric rangefinder to determine the distance to focal subjects. It is constructed with a robust housing for durability and is IPX7 waterproof-rated for protection against heavy rain, snowfall and even complete submersion in water up to 1 metre deep for 30 minutes.
* Built-in video recording - captures still images and video easily with the built-in video recorder. Image and video content is stored internally and can be transferred to PC/laptop via wired connection or Wi-Fi.
* Quick-change B-Pack power units: the scope comes with a quick-detach, rechargeable IPS5, 5.2Ah battery pack which will power the unit for over eight hours of operation on maximum mode.
* Mobile-friendly (iOS, Android) with remote control and live internet streaming: the Helion can be linked via Wi-Fi to Android and iOS devices using the free mobile application Stream Vision. The Stream Vision software connects the device to an Android/iOS smartphone or tablet which will enable you to receive footage in real time, remotely operate the device with your smartphone, as well as stream images captured by the device to Youtube.
* Stadiametric rangefinder: based on estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle allows you to determine the distance of a viewed object.
* Display-off mode: display off powers down the display without interrupting other operating functions. This allows you to be better concealed and also means a much faster restart time when you need it most.
* Picture in Picture: The scope can display a second smaller image with higher magnification to assist with zooming in on subjects without sacrificing the field of view.
In the box:
* Thermal imaging scope
* IPS5 battery pack
* Battery charger with mains charger
* USB cable
* Carrying case
* Hand strap
* User manual
* Lens cloth
* Warranty card
Magnification: 3.0x to12.0x (Digital)
Horizontal Field of View: 10.7°
Detection Range: 1350m
Thermal Sensor: 384x388 17µm
NETD (Noise Equivalent of Temperature Differential): <40mK
* Microbolometer type: uncooled
* Frame rate: 50Hz
* Microbolometer resolution: 384 x 388px
* Pixel pitch: 17µm
* NETD: <40mK
* Display type: amoled
* Display resolution: 1024 x 768p
* Built-in video recorder: yes
* Preferable video player for iOS: VLC/Elmedia Video Player
* Built-in memory: 16GB
* Format of video clip: .mp4
* Resolution of video clip: 640 x 480
* Format of photo files: .jpg
* Resolution of photo files: 640 x 480
* USB type: microUSB
* Operation modes: 3
* Integrated Wi-Fi module: Yes
* Defective pixel repair option: Yes
* Magnification: 3.0x - 12.0x
* Digital zoom: 2x, 4x
* Objective lens: F50/1.2
* Field of view: 10.7° horizontal
* Exit pupil: 5mm
* Diopter adjustment: ± 5dptr
* Close-up distance: 3m
* Range of detection of object measuring 1.7 x 0.5m: 1350m
* Power supply: 3 – 4.2V
* Battery type: Li-ion battery pack
* Battery life: 8 hours
* External power supply: 5V USB
Physical and operational characteristics:
* Remote control: Wireless
* Operating temperature: -25°C to +50°C
* Level of protection (acc. To IEC 60529): IPX7
* Waterproof: Yes
* Dimension: 234 x 55 x 58mm
* Weight (without batteries): 0.45kg
* Frequency: 2.4GHz
* Standard: 802.11 b/g/n
* Line of sight reception range: 15m