+44 1803 865913
This book contains the proceedings of the 41st University of Nottingham Feed Conference held in September 2007. Authors of all chapters are international experts in their fields and have provided comprehensive analyses of the issues together with practical applications. This book is essential reading for all involved in animal production science/practice, including researchers, consultants, animal science students, legislators and practitioners.
- Influences of transition cow nutrition on health and reproduction of dairy cows
- Nutritional and management factors affecting reproductive efficiency in US dairy herds
- A scientific approach to feeding dry cows
- Lameness in dairy cows: impact of practical nutritional and environmental management
- Lameness in dairy cows: influence of nutrition on claw composition and health
- TSEs and Bluetongue - where are we now?
- Plant extracts as antimicrobials in ruminants
- Indian animal production: implications for the UK livestock industry
- Environmental burdens of livestock production systems derived from life cycle assessment
- Co-products from biodiesel production
- Mycotoxins in animal feed: is there really a problem?
- Organic farming: challenges for farmers and feed suppliers
- How does variability in feedstuff composition affect the decisions we make in formulating rations?
- Water measurement in pig and poultry production
- Nutritional approaches to reducing the environmental impact of outdoor pigs
- Salmonella: a pig producer's perspective
- Supplements to facilitate parturition and reduce perinatal mortality in pigs
- Compensatory growth in pigs
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
P. C. Garnsworthy is the coauthor of Writing and Presenting Scientific Papers and the coeditor of Calf and Heifer Rearing, Recent Developments in Pig Nutrition, and Recent Developments in Poultry Nutrition.
J. Wiseman is the author of The Pig: A British History and the coeditor of Paradigms in Pig Science and Yields of Farmed Species. They are the coeditors of the Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition series and Recent Developments in Non-Ruminant Nutrition.
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985