Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
For more information about choosing a trail camera that is right for you, take a look at our blog post on trail cameras.
The Reconyx Ultrafire is a robust and weatherproof trail camera. It records 1080p videos and 8MP images and saves them onto an SD card. When recording videos, the XR6 captures sound in 24bit digitally enhanced stereo with wind noise reduction. No-glow infrared LEDs provide night vision up to a range of 25m. The XR6 also has a built-in 6cm colour screen which lets you preview your images and videos in the field. Micro HDMI and USB outputs allow you to connect the XR6 to your computer or television; this provides a quick and easy way to transfer files and means you can view images and videos in full HD on a large screen. The XR6 comes with a strong, adjustable bungee cord for mounting and BuckView photo management software.
• Choose from 720p, 30fps; 720p, 60fps or 1080p, 30fps video quality. 24bit, digitally enhanced, stereo audio is captured with all videos. Duration is programmable; choose between 10, 20 or 30 seconds.
• Select an image resolution of 3.4, 5 or 8MP. The XR6 will take 1-10 images per trigger (programmable) and it is possible to specify the time between photos (2-10 seconds).
• Record both images and video for a single trigger. When you select this option, the XR6 will record the image(s) first, followed by the video.
• A high sensitivity image sensor and covert night vision illuminators ensure that night vision images are crisp up to a distance of 25m.
• Unlike most trail cameras, the XR6 has two camera lenses; one for daytime images and another for night. This means that there is no need for an infrared cut. The benefit of this is that the camera is completely silent and more reliable, due to fewer moving parts.
• The motion sensor works by detecting changes in heat and movement within a grid of horizontal and vertical zones. Turn the motion sensor on or off or alter the sensitivity if required.
• A time lapse function lets you take images at regular intervals. This is useful to get an overview of your survey site between set hours (e.g. during dusk or dawn). Choose between 1, 5, 15, 30 or 60 minute intervals.
• A built-in 6cm colour screen lets you preview images and videos in the field.
• In ‘walk test’ mode, a red LED on the front of the camera will flash when the motion sensor is activated. This is a useful way to test the range of the motion sensor and ensure accurate positioning. When left in ‘walk test’ mode the camera will automatically arm itself after two minutes.
• All images and videos are saved onto an SD or SDHC card (up to 32GB supported). Cards with a speed of Class 6 or above are recommended, particularly when recording in HD and at high frame rates.
• The XR6 is powered by 12 x AA batteries. Only high quality Li-ion or NiMH batteries should be used. Specifying the battery type within the settings menu ensures that the battery reading is accurate. A battery removal ribbon is a thoughtful addition to the design.
• No need to re-program your settings. Even when turned off and with the batteries removed, the XR6 will remember your most recent settings.
• Password protect your camera using a four digit code.
• For flexible and simple mounting, the XR6 is supplied with a strong, adjustable bungee cable.
• BuckView image management software lets you organise your photos geographically using Google Maps. This helps you to visualise and understand animal movement and behaviours. Compatible with Windows only.
• Two year warranty.
* Image resolution: 3.4, 5 and 8MP
* Video, 720p 30fps, 720p 60fps and 1080p 30fps
* Illumination: No glow high output covert infrared
* Flash range: Up to 25m (80 feet)
* Product warranty: 2 years
* Dimensions: 12.1 x 8.9 x 7.6cm (4.75 x 3.5 x 3”)
* Operating temperature: -29°C to +50°C (-20°F to +120°F)
* Mapping & image management software: BuckView Advanced
* Image detail: Colour by day, monochrome infrared by night
* Trigger speed: ~ 1 second
* Photos per trigger: 1, 2, 3, 5 or 10 images
* Delay after triggering: None
* Motion sensor scheduling: On or Off (no scheduling)
* Time-lapse surveillance: Yes
* Time-lapse scheduling: 1, 5, 15, 30 or 60 minute intervals
* Memory card type: SD or SDHC
* Memory card capacity: 32GB
* Image data: Time, date, temperature & moon phase
* Battery life: Up to 20,000 images
* Battery requirements: NiMH rechargeable or 1.5V lithium only
* Battery quantity/size: 12 x AA
* Camera settings: Available options are set on camera
* Theft deterrence: CodeLoc pass-code protection