Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
SCIAMACHY, the SCanning Imaging Absorption spectroMeter for Atmospheric CHartographY, is a passive sensor for exploring the Earth's atmosphere. It observes absorption spectra of molecules from the UV (214 nm) to the short-wave infrared wavelength range (2386 nm) and derives the atmospheric composition from these measurements.
This book is a comprehensive summary describing the entire SCIAMACHY mission - from the very first ideas to the current results. It illustrates how the measurements are performed, how the trace gas concentrations are derived from the measured spectra and how the unique data sets are used to improve our understanding of the changing Earth's atmosphere.
1. SCIAMACHY - The Need for Atmospheric Research from Space;
2. ENVISAT - SCIAMACHY's Host;
3. The Instrument;
4. Instrument Operations;
5. Calibration and Monitoring;
6. SCIAMACHY In-Orbit Operations and Performance;
7. From Radiation Fields to Atmospheric Concentrations - Retrieval of Geophysical parameters;
8. Data Processing and Products;
10. SCIAMACHY's View of the Changing Earth's Environment;