+44 1803 865913
By: Harold G Reading(Editor)
688 pages, illustrations
Sedimentary Environments is one of the most distinguished and influential textbooks in the earth sciences published in the last 20 years. The first and second editions both won universal praise and became classic works in sedimentology. Since the publication of the last edition, the study of sedimentary environments and facies has made great strides, with major advances in facies modelling, sequence stratigraphy and basin modelling. The 3rd edition of this classic text will likely set the benchmark even higher, and needless to say, will continue being Sedimentary Environments of choice for sedimentology students.
" [...] definitely one of the best summaries and best written statements on the subject available today [...] Every sedimentologist, stratigrapher, sedimentary petrologist and earth resources geologist should have a copy in their personal library."
- Journal of Sedimentary Petrology
1. Introduction (H.G. Reading)
2. Controls on the sedimentary rock record (H.G. Reading & B.K. Levell)
3. Alluvial sediments (J.D. Collinson)
4. Lakes (M.R. Talbot and P.A. Allen)
5. Desert aeolian systems (G.A. Kocurek)
6. Clastic coasts (H.G. Reading & J.D. Collinson)
7. Shallow clastic seas (H.D. Johnson & C.T. Baldwin)
8. Marine evaporites: arid shorelines and basins (A.C. Kendall & G.M. Harwood)
9. Shallow-water carbonate environments (V.P. Wright & T.P. Burchette)
10. Deep seas (D.A.V. Stow, H.G. Reading & J.D. Collinson)
11. Glacial sediments (J.M.G. Miller)
12. Volcanic environments (G.J. Orton)
13. Problems and perspectives (H. G. Reading)
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985