The British Trust for Ornithology (BTO) is an independent charitable research institute. They combine professional and citizen science to produce evidence of change in wildlife populations, particularly in birds, to inform the public and decision-makers of environmental policy.
NHBS are the proud distributor of BTO’s publications. The publishing arm of the BTO is an important component of their work and, with plenty of excellent recent publications, this is a great time to make BTO our publisher of the month.
So far, it’s been a busy year for the BTO, with three new books published already:
• Flowers of the Brecks, Part 1: Heath & Grassland
• Birds of the Brecks
• Nestboxes: Your Complete Guide
To celebrate their vital conservation work, we are offering discounts of up to 20% off four of their bestselling titles until the end of August.
• Flight Lines: Tracking the Wonders of Bird Migration £19.99
• Bird Atlas 2007-11: The Breeding and Wintering Birds of Britain and Ireland £55.99
• A Field Guide to Monitoring Nests £19.99
• Garden Birds and Other Wildlife £12.99