The Song Meter Mini is a smaller, more lightweight and affordable alternative to the Song Meter SM4 Acoustic Recorder, which provides the same high quality recordings. This is a simple, yet innovative device for recording birds, frogs and other species that communicate vocally. The Song Meter Mini is weatherproof, robust and is easily mountable using screws, rope or cables such as the Python Lock. The recorder comes complete with a field serviceable microphone for high-quality recordings and a second microphone (available separately) can be added for stereo recordings. The schedule, set-up and status of the recorder are operated via Bluetooth using an app that can be downloaded to your iOS or Android phone/tablet. There is also an option to set the location and time zone of your Song Meter Mini using the GPS from your mobile phone. The app is simple to use and allows you to manage multiple recorders at once. Checking the status of your recorder can also be done using the LEDs on the unit itself.
Power is supplied internally using 4x AA batteries (included in the starter bundle) which last up to 240 hours. This can be extended to 1100 hours with the Song Meter Mini Battery Lid. Recordings are stored in 16-bit WAV format on an SD card.
This device is compatible with Kaleidoscope Pro Software to help analyse your recordings.
Please Note: The stub microphones of the SM4 and Song Meter Mini are not compatible.
This detector is also available as a starter bundle which includes the detector, 4 x Lithium AA batteries and a 64GB SD card.
* Song Meter Mini User Manual
* Recording Format – 16-bit WAV
* Recording Channels – One (two with second microphone added)
* Maximum sample rate - 96,000 Hz
* Programming Method – iOS or Android app using Bluetooth
* Quick Start Schedule – Yes
* Advanced Schedule (different each day) – Yes
* Adjustable Gain – Yes
* High Pass Filter – 2-pole at 100 Hz
* Battery Type – 4x AA or 6x NiMH (lithium ion)
* External Power Connector – No
* Microphone Cable Extension: No
* Memory Storage – 1 x SDHC/SDXC card
* Weight – 190g / 0.42lb (290g / 0.64lb with batteries)
* Dimensions – 123mm x 168mm x 36mm (4.9” x 6.6” x 1.4”)
* Weatherproof – Yes
* Integrated Mounting Bracket – Yes (supports many mounting options)
* Warranty – 2 years