The Song Meter Mini Bat provides a smaller, more lightweight and affordable alternative to the Song Meter SM4BAT. The integrated microphone offers excellent recording quality, comparable to the SM4BAT with the SMM-U2 microphone. This is a simple, yet innovative device for recording bats and you can choose between full-spectrum or zero-crossing recordings, or both at the same time. You can also use it to record bird song and other sounds in the audible range by adding a second acoustic microphone (not included), although the acoustic recording is not possible at the same time as ultrasonic recording. The Song Meter Mini Bat is weatherproof, robust and is easily mountable using screws, rope or cables such as the Python Lock. The schedule, set-up, and status of the recorder are operated via Bluetooth using an app that can be downloaded to your iOS or Android phone/tablet. There is also an option to set the location of your Mini Bat using the GPS from your mobile phone. The app is simple to use and allows you to manage multiple recorders at once. Checking the status of your recorder can also be done using the LEDs on the unit itself.
Power is supplied internally using 4x AA batteries (included in the starter bundle) for up to 25 ten-hour nights and recordings are stored on an SD card. This can be extended to 125 10-hour nights with the use of the Song Meter Mini Battery Lid. This device is compatible with Kaleidoscope Pro Software to help analyse your recordings.
This detector is also available as a starter bundle which includes the detector, 4 x Lithium AA batteries and a 64GB SD card.
To see the Song Meter Mini Bat in action please take a look at our 'In the Field' blog post.
* Song Meter Mini Bat User Manual
* Recording Format – Full Spectrum and /or Zero-Crossing
* Bird/Frog Recording – Yes, with additional microphone
* Maximum sample rate – 500kHz
* Microphone – Integral (same element as the SMM-U2)
* Microphone cable extension - No
* Programming Method – iOS or Android app using Bluetooth including date / time / GPS
* Quick Start Schedule – Yes
* Advanced Schedule (different each day) – No
* Adjustable Gain – Yes
* High Pass Filter – No
* Bat Audio Output – No
* Battery Type – 4x AA or 6x NiMH (lithium ion)
* External Power Connector – No (lid to hold lithium ion available)
* Memory Storage – 1x SDHC/SDXC card
* Weight – 190g / 0.42lb (290g / 0.64lb with batteries)
* Dimensions – 123mm x 134mm x 36mm (4.9” x 5.3” x 1.4”)
* Weatherproof – Yes
* Integrated Mounting Bracket – Yes (supports many mounting options)
* Warranty – 2 years