+44 1803 865913
Statistics Explained is an accessible introduction to statistical concepts...
By: Perry R Hinton(Author)
379 pages, illustrations, tables
Do you need help with statistics? Are you confused by the wide range of statistical tests and their uses? Statistics Explained clearly outlines the major statistical tests used by undergraduates in psychology and the social sciences. It provides easy-to-understand explanations of how and why they are used and makes statistics much less of a burden.
- is a simple introduction to statistical concepts and ideas
- shows you when to be sceptical about statistics
- helps you to understand the results of statistical analysis by computer
Expanding and revising the best-selling first edition, the author has included new material which throws light on the mysteries of the general linear model, power, reliability and factor analysis, whilst other areas have been fully up-dated.
Unobtrusive cross-referencing makes this the ideal companion to "SPSS Explained, "also published by Routledge. "Statistics Explained "can be dipped into so that readers can see why a specific analytical procedure was developed and what it is best used for. Readers can also analyse their own data by following the worked examples provided.
"This is a superb introduction to statistics. It is very well written and easy to read. It represents excellent value and will prove to be a big success with students."
– P. Morrison, Wales University College of Medicine, UK
- Descriptive Statistics
- Standard Scores
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Hypothesis Testing with One Sample
- Selecting Samples for Comparison
- Hypothesis Testing with Two Samples
- Statistical Power
- Introduction to the Analysis of Variance
- One Factor Independent Measures ANOVA
- Multiple Comparisons
- One Factor Repeated Measures ANOVA
- The Interaction of Factors in the Analysis of Variance
- Calculating the Two Factor ANOVA
- Introduction to Nonparametric Analysis
- Two Sample Nonparametric Analyses
- One Factor ANOVA for Ranked Data
- Analysing Frequency Data : Chi-Square
- Linear Correlation and Regression
- Multiple Correlation and Regression
- Complex Analyses and Computers
- An Introduction to the General Linear Model
- Appendix: Statistical Tables
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985