+44 1803 865913
This fascinating and accessible book examines the survival of the human race from a broad range of viewpoints. Through in-depth examinations of a number of very distinct aspects of human life, Survival: The Survival of the Human Race covers topics ranging from the preservation of Empires, to the challenges of maintaining cultural identity, the sufferings inflicted by famine, disease and natural disasters, the opportunities for increased longevity and the threats presented by climate change.
The chapters draw from the expertise of those in the arts and humanities, as well as the social, physical and biological sciences. Following in the footsteps of Charles Darwin with his thoughts of the Survival of the Fittest, each chapter explores strategies which may be adopted to assist us in our individual struggle for existence and to preserve and indeed improve our collective lifestyles.
Please note that the publisher has cancelled plans for a hardback version.
"[...] interesting and lively [...]"
1. Survival of the human race - Emily Shuckburgh
2. Survival of empires - Paul Kennedy
3. Survival of culture - Edith Hall
4. Survival of language - Peter Austin
5. Surviving disease - Richard Feachem, Oliver Sabot
6. Surviving natural disasters - James Jackson
7. Surviving famine - Andrew Prentice
8. Surviving longer - Cynthia Kenyon
9. Survival into the future - Diana Liverman
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985