544 pages, 92 colour illustrations
Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry, third edition, is the only book available to introduce students to economic, environmental and social sustainable issues specifically facing the industry as well as exploring ideas, solutions and strategies of how to manage operations in a sustainable way. Since the second edition of Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry there have been many important developments in this field and this latest edition has been updated in the following ways:
- Updated content including sustainable food systems, hotel energy solutions, impacts of technology, water and food waste management, green hotel design, certification and ecolabelling systems and the evolving nature of corporate social responsibility strategies
- New chapters exploring environmental accounting and the internalisation of externalities as well as the management of accessibility in hospitality
- Updated and new international case studies with reflective questions throughout to explore key issues and show real life operational responses to sustainability within the hospitality industry
- Enhanced online material for students and lecturers including: web and video links, a test bank, PowerPoint slides and additional case studies
This accessible and comprehensive account of Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry is essential reading for all students and future managers.
"The third edition of Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry: Principles of Sustainable Operations is the reference book available that introduces economic, environmental and social sustainability issues. Highly recommendable for those students and managers interested in exploring ideas, solutions and strategies about how to manage sustainable operations within the hospitality industry."
– Miguel Ángel Gardetti, Director Center for Studies on Sustainable Luxury and Advisory Board Member Center for Study on Sustainable Hotels.
1. The Rationale For Sustainable Development
2. Sustainable Development In The Hospitality Industry
3. Energy Efficiency
4. Waste Management
5. Water Conservation
6. Eco-Design In Hospitality Architecture
7. Food Security
8. Sustainable Food Issues And Food Sourcing
9. Sustainable Food & Beverage Management
10. Green Marketing And Branding
11. Consumer Typology And Behaviours
12. Corporate Social Entreprises And Social Entrepreneurship
13. Hospitality Industry Environmental Management Systems
14. Certification Processes And Ecolabels
15. Financing, Investing, Measuring And Accounting In Sustainable Hospitality
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Willy Legrand Department of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, IUBH School of Business and Management, Bonn, Germany. Philip Sloan Department of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, IUBH School of Business and Management, Bonn, Germany. Joseph S. Chen Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Studies, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.