+44 1803 865913
Edited By: Okechukwu Ukaga, Chris Maser and Mike Reichenbach
216 pages, b/w photos, tables
An exploration of the human-related aspects of sustainable development, this book emphasizes the need to move away from an unwanted circumstance by being systemic in our thinking instead of symptomatic. In other words, we must stop treating symptoms without dealing with the cause. The authors argue that we cannot move away from an unwanted, negative circumstance; we can only move toward a desired, positive outcome.
Revealing the multidimensional nature of sustainable development, the text summarizes positive approaches and presents strong theoretical and historical pieces along with salient case examples that illustrate the desired outcome of each model or framework discussed.
- If the GDP Is Up, Why Is the GPI Down? From Normative Debate to Progressive Democratic Economics, J. Venetoulis
- Sustainable Development and the Genuine Progress Indicator: An Updated Methodology and Application in Policy Settings, J. Talberth and C. Cobb
- Refining the Ecological Footprint, J. Venetoulis and J. Talberth
- Learning by Experiencing: Systemics, Futures Thinking, and Scenarios, R. Bawden and M. Reichenbach
- Using Lean Thinking Approaches to Speed Sustainable Development, J.R. Sinton
- Working Together to Sustain Local Economy, Environment, and Community: The University of Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, K. Draeger, L. Ulland, O. Ukaga, and M. Reichenbach - The Holistic Management Framework: Ensuring Social, Environmental, and Economically Sound Development, A. Savory and J. Butterfield
- Taking Personal Action toward Sustainability, V. Simon-Brown and C. Maser
- Participatory Leadership for Sustainable Development, O. Ukaga, C. Moumouni, M. Reichenbach, and C. Maser
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Okechukwu Ukaga and Mike Reichenbach are with the University of Minnesota. Chris Maser is a Consultant in Corvallis, Oregon.
Your orders support book donation projects
Shopping at NHBS is always good. The range of books is wide, the service is excellent, the orders arrive swiftly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985