Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This book is the first of two self-supporting volumes that make up the 8th edition of Tables for the Hydraulic Design of Pipes, Sewers and Channels. It presents Tables A to provide a comprehensive range of solutions of the Colebrook-White equation, covering standard diameters from 20 mm to 4,000 mm plus 4,500 mm. These tables are in the format established in previous editions, with sequences of tables for incrementally varying roughness sizes. A new setting adopts 50 gradient increments per order of magnitude change, upgrading from the 35 increment system of previous editions.
The tabulated diameters include:
- All standard diameters for UK concrete drainage pipes
- Many other diameters now standard for newer pipe materials as used in drainage and water supply
- All standard diameters proposed for European Standards for drainage and water supply
Also included is a comprehensive list of adjustment factors for discharges, for non-tabulated standard diameters including standard sizes in imperial units. There is comprehensive treatment of the effect of temperature variations from 15°C within the normal range for water resources and drainage, i.e. 0°C-35°C.
Other features include:
- Tables B for accurate interpolation between table points of Tables A if required
- Assessments for fluids with viscosities that significantly differ from that of Water at 15°C
- A comprehensively revised treatment for uniform flows in part-full pipes, in egg-shapes and in rectangular open channels; including treatment of gradually varied and rapidly varied conditions of flow - Expanded treatment of typical roughness sizes, following from experiments conducted at HR Wallingford, and treatment of additional losses at bends and other appurtenances