+44 1803 865913
By: I Chiu Liao(Editor), Eduardo M Leaño(Editor)
243 pages, col photos, tabs, figs
The aquaculture of high-value species including groupers is becoming increasingly popular in many parts of the world, and continues to develop rapidly in Southeast Asia. Today, groupers represent an important species for Asian aquaculture in both marine and brackish ponds and off-shore cages. They are particularly popular for the live fish market, mainly in Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Taiwan. Due to the high profitability of its culture and the continuously increasing demand for grouper meat, culture technologies for several species are rapidly developing, especially in Taiwan and China. This book reviews the research and development status as well as commercial production of groupers in Asia and Australia.
1. Reproduction and Larviculture of Seven-band Grouper, Epinephelus septemfasciatus, in Japan.
2. Development of Techniques for Enhancing Seed Production of Epinephelus coioides in Taiwan.
3. Grouper Aquaculture Research in Jeju Island, Korea.
4. Hatchery and Grow-out Technology of Groupers in Indonesia.
5. Grouper Aquaculture R&D in the Philippines.
6. Groupers: Current Status and Culture Prospects in India.
7. Grouper Aquaculture in Mainland China and Hong Kong.
8. Overview of Grouper Aquaculture in Thailand.
9. Status and Prospects of Grouper Aquaculture in Malaysia.
10. 10. Grouper Aquaculture in Australia .
11. Nutrition, Immunology and Health Management of Groupers.
12. Prophylaxis for Iridovirus and Nodavirus Infections in Cultured Grouper in Taiwan.
13. Technical Efficiency of the Grouper Industry in Taiwan.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS never fails to deliver
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985