+44 1803 865913
This text analyzes indigenous peoples' processes of identity construction as ecological natives. It opens space for reconstructing all the different networks, conditions of emergence, and implications (political, cultural, social and economic) of one specific event: the consolidation of the relationship between indigenous peoples and environmentalism. This text is based on ethnographic information and focused on the historical process of the emergence of indigenous peoples' movements in Latin America, in general, and indigenous peoples of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta do Columbia (SNSM), in particular. It demonstrates the process of the construction of indigenous peoples' environmental identities as an interplay of local, national and transnational dynamics among indigenous peoples and environmental movements and discourses in relation to global environmental policies.
2. The Emergence and Continuity of Indigenous Peoples' Movements: Latin America and Colombia
3. Indigenous Peoples' Movements of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Columbia
4. Thinking Green: Global Eco-Governmentality and its Effects in Colombia and The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta
5. "Ecological" Identities of Indigenous Peoples: Historical Process of Construction
6. The Ecological Native: Images and Representations
7. The Power of Ecological Identity: Alternative Ways of Thinking and Acting Within A Globalocality
8. Indigenous Peoples within Eco-Governmentality?
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Astrid Ulloa is an Associate Professor of Geography at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. She has carried out extensive fieldwork in Colombia, mainly in Choco and in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. Her research focuses on indigenous peoples' movements, ethnicity, and the anthropology of the environment and climate change. She is the author of various books about community-based management of fauna and the cultural and environmental politics of indigenous peoples in Latin America and Colombia.
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985