Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Dr David Hessayon initiated a major innovation in gardening publications in 1959 with the first of his Gardening Expert guides. These best-selling guides have had an unparalleled influence on gardening over the past 50 years. There are now 50 million copies in print.
The Green Garden Expert sets out what you need to now in order to look after your garden. It also hows you how to care for wildlife, the environment and your own well-being. Whether you decide upon a completely organic approach, or prefer to take just a few steps as a green gardener, The Green Garden Expert explains the options, showing you how to:
- Pepare the ground the no-dig way
- Choosing the right plant for the right place
- Plant and tend flowers, trees, shrubs, fruit, vegetables and wild flowers
- Tackle weeds, pests and other problems
- Attract birds and butterflies, and identify them
- Avoid becoming one of next year's 400,000 garden casualties
Dr David G. Hessayon was awarded the 1993 Gardening Book of the Year Award from the Garden Writers Guild and received the first-ever Lifetime Achievement 'Oscar' at the National British Book Awards. In 1999 he received a Guinness World Record Award as 'Britain's best-selling living author of the 1990s'. He lives in Essex, and has two daughters and four grandchildren.