+44 1803 865913
By: Christopher Clegg(Author)
220 pages, colour & b/w photos
The Scottish wildcat is an endangered species, but conservation groups are fighting hard for its survival and proliferation, and in the process uncovering more facts about this rarely glimpsed, beautiful mammal.
This fascinating book on the wildcat reveals:
- its inbuilt survival instinct and adaptability
- unusual sightings such as wildcats swimming from island to island
- a history of the wildcat from prehistoric times to the present day
- wildcats and the Scottish clans
- natural history including breeding and territory
- wildcats as medieval vermin or for skins
- dens and territorial ranges
- in captivity, in literature and folklore
- tracking wildcats using trail cameras
- latest initiatives to save the wildcat
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
They [the books] arrived in wonderful condition and it was a joy to see how well they were protected.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985