+44 1803 865913
Highly fossiliferous, the so-called Štramberk-type limestones, commonly occurring in the Outer Carpathians (southern Poland), have become the subject of many sedimentological and palaeontological studies. However, there is still much controversy regarding the depositional palaeoenvironment and the age of these sediments. In contrast to the classical Štramberk Limestones (Czech Republic), fossil record of invertebrates from equivalent sediments in Poland is incompletely known.
This special issue of the journal Neues Jahrbuch für Geologie und Paläontologie is aimed to partially fill this gap. In particular, review of former studies on the Štramberk-type limestones is provided. New research activities on material from Poland resulted in several papers, dealing with the age, sedimentology and palaeontological descriptions of newly recorded crinoids, echinoids and corals. Furthermore, one paper deals with the mineralogical descriptions of the sediments from the original site in Moravia.
- The Štramberk-type limestones from Poland – Preface // Salamon, Mariusz A.; Trzęsiok, Dawid, p. 147-149
- Bite marks and overgrowths on crinoids from the Štramberk-type limestones in Poland // Lach, Rafał; Brom, Krzysztof; Leśko, Katarzyna, p. 151-154
- Crinoids (Crinoidea, Echinodermata) from the Štramberk-type limestones of Poland // Trzęsiok, Dawid, p. 155-172
- Geological context and age of the Štramberk-type limestones from the Polish Outer Carpathians: an overview // Kołodziej, Bogusław, p. 173-179
- Corals of the Štramberk-type limestones from Poland: Taxonomic and palaeoecological aspects // Kołodziej, Bogusław, p. 181-199
- Preliminary EMPA and XRD investigation on detrital minerals from the Štramberk Limestone in the Czech Republic // Szopa, Krzysztof; Brachaniec, Tomasz; Krzykawski, Tomasz, p. 201-212
- Echinoids (Echinoidea, Echinodermata) from Štramberk-type limestones in Poland // Kroh, Andreas, p. 213-227
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985