+44 1803 865913
By: Werner Dressendörfer(Author), Petra Lamers-Schutze(Author)
136 pages, colour illustrations
Language: Trilingual in English, German, and French
Originally published between 1850 and 1895, Album Vilmorin: Les Plantes Potagères (The Vegetable Garden) brought garden glory to the printed page. Featuring 46 magnificent color plates, the book was a marvel of agro-botanic iconography and a triumph for its publishers, the illustrious Vilmorin-Andrieux & Cie, the most important seed company of the 19th century.
In this new edition, TASCHEN reprints The Vegetable Garden illustrations with utmost accuracy and care. A sure favorite for cooks, gardeners, and anyone rejoicing in the great outdoors, the edition brims with wholesome pleasure as much as expert botanical understanding. From gleaming eggplants to the plumpest strawberries, these vivid plates are testimony not only to the skill of the original artists, most of whom trained as artist-naturalists at the famous Jardin des Plantes, but also to the beauty of simple sensory pleasures – texture, freshness, and flavor.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Petra Lamers-Schutze studied art history, archaeology and Romance languages and literatures in Mainz and Rome, gaining her doctorate in 1991. She has worked for Taschen since 1998, writing and editing numerous art titles, and overseeing the Art and Classic series.
Prof. Dr. Werner Dressendorfer, pharmaceutical historian and lecturer at the university of Erlangen, is currently conducting research into the history of medicinal plants from a socio-cultural viewpoint. He has authored numerous pharmaceutical publications and scientific papers on the late Middle Ages and early Renaissance.
Your orders support book donation projects
Shopping at NHBS is always good. The range of books is wide, the service is excellent, the orders arrive swiftly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985