Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This high performance audio and ultrasound microphone will connect to a USB port for real time listening, and can also be used as a stand alone recorder when used with a USB battery. It is ideal for the detection and recording of biological ultrasounds for bioacoustic studies in bats, insects, rodents and cetaceans.
An internal microSD card slot allows data to be recorded (minimum supported size is 8GB) and a 32GB card will hold over 11 hours of audio. The ultrasonic microphone is a Knowles FG which has good weatherproofing and provides omnidirectional recording. Sample rate is 384kHz which allows frequencies of up to 192kHz to be recorded in 16-bit. Two amplification settings are available which are accessed by disassembling the module. The SD card slot is also accessed in the same way.
The Ultramic can record in one of two ways. If the unit is not supplied with scheduling information (via an .xml file on the SD card) then it will record for one hour following power on. The recording can be stopped at any point during this hour if required and, to record for a further hour, the unit can be powered up again. To record using a timed schedule an .xml file needs to be loaded onto the microSD card before inserting it. This can be created using the online configurator at www.dodotronic.com and allows you to specify the device name, maximum file size and the hours between which the device should record. It is also possible to tell the Ultramic how far in advance you would like the LEDs to signal that the battery is running low.
* Recording format: Linear PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) format
* Recording format: SD (512MB to 2GB), SDHC (4GB to 32GB), SDXC (64GB to 256GB)
* Input: IN+ IN- 0 – 3.3 differential voltage input
* USB connector: USB 2.0 full speed. USB audio class.
* Length (without microphone): 220mm
* Length (with microphone): 280mm
* Diameter: 25mm
* Weight: 280g (Li-ion battery included)
* Reference input level (HI): 114dB SPL
* Reference input level (LOW): 74dB SPL
* Sampling frequency: 384K per second
* Resolution: 16 bit
* Amplification: High quality and low noise differential analog amplification with no filter
* CPU: 32 bit integrated ARM cortex microcontroller
* Power requirement (USB mode): 27mA
* Power requirement (autonomous mode): 30mA
* Update: Software upgradable via firmware file stored in the microSD card