+44 1803 865913
By: Waltina Scheumann(Editor), Manuel Schiffler(Editor)
190 pages, 6 b/w illustrations, 8 tables
Water in the Middle East deals with the potential conflicts over shared rivers in the Middle East, and with approaches towards cooperation regarding the Euphrates and Tigris, the Jordan and the Nile Rivers. Far from echoing the warnings about imminent water wars, Water in the Middle East highlights the potential for water savings and for cooperation in many fields inside and outside the water sector. Such creative approaches may foster interdependence, build trust, and create the incentives and conditions for an equitable sharing of international water resources in the Middle East. The text of the International Water Convention is also included.
Part I: Legal, Political and Economic Perspectives on Water Conflicts
- International Water Law
- International Water Agreements: A Comparative View
- The Middle East Peace Process: Obstacles to Cooperation over Shared Waters
- Transboundary Externalities and Regional Integration
- Contested Waters: Dividing or Sharing?
Part II: Regional Studies
- The Jordan River Basin: Prospects for Cooperation within the Middle East Peace Process?
- Conflicts on the Euphrates: An Analysis of Water and Non-Water Issues
- Conflicts over the Nile or Conflicts on the Nile?
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985