Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
From getting back to nature with a tent, some matches and a few litres of bottled water, to enjoying a pub dinner and camping out in the garden afterwards, Wild Camping shows how to get stuck into wild camping in all its forms. Beautiful wildernesses; tiny budgets; environmentally-friendly… What's not to like?
There's an idea that wild camping is illegal in Britain, but it isn't – you just need to know the rules and where to go. Wild Camping will open up this amazing experience for all, covering:
- what is wild camping and why bother?
- different types (biviing, tenting, hammocking, on the water)
- what the law says (Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales, Ireland, EU, waterways)
- how many of the largest landowners in the UK are actively encouraging wild camping
- getting started (vital equipment, where to go, when to go, safety)
- drinking water and foraging for food
The bulk of the book (80%) features the best places to go in England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland, along with stories, tips, helpful maps and inspiring photos. Wild Camping will give readers the knowledge and the inspiration to escape the noise, clutter and stress of day to day life and go wild.
Stephen Neale is a journalist and writer, and the author of Our Camping by the Waterside. He set up the popular camponwater.com website, is the Editor of Outdoor Focus (the magazine for the Outdoor Writers' and Photographers' Guild) and spends most of his spare time outdoors navigating rivers, setting up camp with his family in the wilderness, and writing about how amazing our country is.