+44 1803 865913
By: Horst Feldmann(Editor)
444 pages, colour illustrations, colour tables
Based on the feedback of his very successful monograph Yeast, Martin Feldmann devised a comprehensive, student friendly textbook on yeast biology. The scope has been expanded; the cell and molecular biology sections have been drastically expanded and reach now the level of a stand-alone all-inclusive textbook; alongside information on other yeast species and the biotechnology of yeast has been added with contributions from additional authors. Given the tremendous importance of yeast biology in almost all areas of modern biology this textbook is long overdue and caters to need of an increasing number of students in biomedical research, cell- and molecular biology, microbiology and biotechnology.
"The book is an example of writing with the minimum of redundancy and maximum information, organised into a versatile illustrated review on modern yeast biology."
– British Journal of Biomedical Science, 1 October 2012
"In summary, this well-written work is a significant achievement that will reward both casual reading and more detailed study – recommended!."
– Society for General Microbiology, 25 February 2013
- Yeast Cell Architecture and Functions
- Yeast Metabolism
- Yeast Molecular Techniques
- Yeast Genetic Structures and Functions
- Gene Families Involved in Yeast Cellular Dynamics
- Yeast Growth and the Yeast Cell Cycle
- Yeast Transport
- Yeast Gene Expression
- Molecular Signalling Cascades and Gene Regulation
- Function and Biogenesis of Mitochondria and Peroxisomes
- The Yeast Genome and Post-Genomic Projects
- Disease Genes in Yeast
- Yeasts in Biotechnology
- Hemascomycetous Yeasts
- Yeast Evolutionary Genomics
- Epilogue: The Future of Yeast Research
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Horst Feldmann studied Organic Chemistry in Cologne and did his PhD in this discipline. From 1962 to 1967 he worked at the Institute of Genetics in Cologne. In 1974 he became Professor of Physiological Chemistry at the Medical Faculty in Munich. In 1996 he received the FEBS Diplome d'Honneur.
Your orders support book donation projects
Prompt and trustful service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985