This book, first published in 1988, provides an overview of the diverse work that was being done in applied and theoretical environmental and resource economics. Some essays reflect upon the background of the work of John Krutilla, one of the founders of Resources for the Future and a leading scholar of environmental economics, and the development of the field to date. Other essays examine and convey findings on particular resource problems and theoretical issues and resource policies and the practice of applied welfare economics. This title will be of interest to students of economics and environmental studies.
Preface and Acknowledgements
Part 1: Background
1. The Influence of Resource and Environmental Problems of Applied Welfare Economics: An Introductory Essay
2. Three Decades of Water Resources Research: A Personal Perspective
Part 2: Resource Problems and Theoretical Issues in Applied Welfare Economics
3. Key Aspects of Species Extinction: Habitat Loss and Overexploitation
4. Intergenerational Equity and the Social Rate of Discount
5. Optimal Genetic Resources in the Context of Asymmetric Public Goods
6. Quasi-Optimal Pricing for Cost Recovery in Multiple Purpose Water Resource Projects
7. Balancing Market and Nonmarket Outputs on Public Forest Lands
Part 3: Resource Policies and the Practice of Applied Welfare Economics
8. Modeling Recreation Demands for Public Land Management
9. Public Intervention Revisited: Is Venerability Vulnerable?
10. Lessons in Politics and Economics from the Snail Darter
11. Environmental Litigation and Economics Efficiency: Two Case Studies; Appendix: "Conservation Reconsidered," by John V. Krutilla
The Works of John V. Krutilla: A Bibliographic Profile
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
The efficiency of supply, favourable pricing, and the friendly personal service we receive, makes dealing with NHBS a real pleasure
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985