By: Richard Halliburton(Author)
650 pages, b/w illustrations, tables
Provides essential background in population genetics for students from various fields of biology. It employs examples of human genetics, medical evolution, human evolution, and endangered species. It addresses mathematical modeling clearly with a variety of exercises and pedagogical aids.
2. Genetic Variation
3. The Hardy-Weinberg Principle
4. Recombination, Linkage, and Disequilibrium
5. Natural Selection I: Basic Models
7. Genetic Drift
8. Inbreeding and Nonrandom Mating
9. Population Subdivision and Gene Flow
10. Molecular Population Genetics
11. Molecular Evolution and Phylogenetics
12. Natural Selection II: Balancing Selection and Advanced Models
13. Quantitative Genetics
Appendix A. Probability and Random Variables
Appendix B. Computer Software for Population Genetics
Answers to Problems
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is my favorite supplier (very professional and fast). Bravo!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985