A pole mounted box is ideal for siting in locations where there are no suitable trees and walls to attach a roost to. They also allow you to position your box or boxes where they can get the maximum amount of sunlight.
The maternity bat box is a large three crevice box which is designed for maternity colonies of crevice dwelling bats such as common and soprano pipistrelles. Boxes are made from exterior grade FSC plywood which is treated with a black non-toxic woodstain. Internal ceramic plates help to retain heat and also separate the internal chamber into three narrow crevices. A bat ladder at the base of the box extends upwards through the opening, providing easy access, even for young bats.
The pole mounted maternity box includes either one or two maternity bat boxes along with a 4m aluminium pole. These large wooden boxes attach to the pole using fixing rails (fixings included). If using the two box option, the boxes are attached back to back which provides bats with a choice of environments and thermal conditions. The pole should be sunk around 1m into the ground for stability. However, as ground conditions vary, it is advised that a builder or structural engineer is consulted before installing this box.
Please note - this item will be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer in two parts, with the pole being sent in one 4m length. The shipping charge will be £12.50 ex VAT.
* Pole: Aluminium, 4m long, 76mm diameter
* Box: FSC certified exterior grade European birch
* Materials: Plywood with ceramic inserts
* Box construction: Panels stapled together with surface sunk staples
* Finish: External surfaces treated with water-based, non-toxic, non-volatile wood treatment
* Single Box Dimensions: 49cm H x 26cm W x 13cm D
* Entrance: 17mm wide
* Weight (Box): 6.6kg
* Weight (Pole): 11kg
* Access: Removable roof, secured with one screw
* Fixing: Rail/screw/clip fixing system for attaching box to pole
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is one of my favorite vendors.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985