The New Carbon Economy: Constitution, Governance and Contestation provides a critical understanding of the carbon economy. It offers key insights into the constitution, governance and effects of the carbon economy, across a variety of geographical settings. The New Carbon Economy: Constitution, Governance and Contestation examines different dimensions of the carbon economy from a range of disciplinary angles in a diversity of settings. It provides ways for researchers to subject claims of newness and uniqueness to critical scrutiny. Furthermore, it historicizes claims of the "newness" of the carbon economy, and covers a range of geographical settings including Europe, the US, and Central America.
Notes on Contributors
Introduction: The "New" Carbon Economy: What's New? (Emily Boyd, Maxwell Boykoff and Peter Newell)
Part I: Constituting the 'New' Carbon Economy
1. The Matter of Carbon: Understanding the Materiality of tCO2e in Carbon Offsets (Adam G. Bumpus)
2. Making Markets Out of Thin Air: A Case of Capital Involution (María Gutiérrez)
3. Between Desire and Routine: Assembling Environment and Finance in Carbon Markets (Philippe Descheneau and Matthew Paterson)
Part II: Governing the 'New' Carbon Economy
4. Ecological Modernisation and the Governance of Carbon: A Critical Analysis (Ian Bailey, Andy Gouldson and Peter Newell)
5. Accounting for Carbon: The Role of Accounting Professional Organisations in Governing Climate Change (Heather Lovell and Donald MacKenzie)
Part III: Effects of the 'New' Carbon Economy
6. Realizing Carbon's Value: Discourse and Calculation in the Production of Carbon Forestry Offsets in Costa Rica (David M. Lansing)
7. Resisting and Reconciling Big Wind: Middle Landscape Politics in the New American West (Roopali Phadke)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I will not hesitate to use you again or recommend you to others.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985